STOP COMMON CORE CAMPAIGN
ESEA REAUTHORIZATION NEARS
EMAIL TEMPLATE and TALKING POINTS
THE VOTE IS THIS MORNING on the HOUSE SIDE ESEA BILL! IF YOU HAVEN’T CONTACTED YOUR US REPRESENTATIVE, YOU STILL HAVE TIME. ESPECIALLY CONTACT THE REPUBLICANS AS THEY ARE IN THE DRIVERS SEAT AND PUSHING THIS BILL. CONTACT INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND ON THIS PAGE — JUST SCROLL DOWN.
You may use this standard template. Please do not copy verbatim everything on this list. Add other items that are most egregious to you and your family. Ask Rep John Kline to either Sunset the bill, Stop the bill, etc. You may also ask him to block the Senate Education bill which includes the lengthening of the school day, week and year to basically institutionalize our nation’s children.
Representative John Kline,
I am very concerned about HR 5, the Student Success Act, recently passed out of the Education and Workforce Committee. This bill will remove local control and parental rights. HR 5 will completely change education in America forever.
In essence, it is big government, top down, removal of local control, control of schooling, (training not educating), that sacrifices individualism for the sake of the collective (This is the #1 point as we are looking at the loss of individual rights and not just for kids.)
- Local school boards have zero control of content, even though it is billed as “voluntary”
- It is a usurpation of rights reserved for the states
- Costs are estimated to be $16 billion with 90% paid by the states and we have NO say in what’s being taught
- The data tracking requirement from prenatal through Career is an intrusive violation of the privacy rights of our children and their parents
- Over-testing students with standardized tests that take away from authentic learning time
- Using Title 1 monies to follow every child
- The privatization of education via charter schools
- It is a deliberate dumbing down of our children as shown by performance scores that have steadily deteriorated since the inception of the Department of Education
- Standards are so low that 2 PhD’s serving on the validation committee refused to sign off
- Crony Capitalism through public and private partnerships
- The takeover of all publishing houses
- Bill Gates and his Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation that has funded this takeover of education
- The globalization of America’s schools via a global education system
I would appreciate a response to my concerns today as time is short before a full US House vote on the bill.
(Add a phone number if you wish)
One thought on “VOTE IS TODAY! THERE’S STILL TIME TO CALL! EMAIL TEMPLATE AND TALKING POINTS”
Reblogged this on Minnesotans Against Common Core and commented:
EMAIL & TALKING POINTS: Rep John Kline and House ESEA. #NCLB #STOPCCSS #KILLTHEBILL