**************************MACC BLITZ ACTION ALERT****************
CALL, E-MAIL, WRITE, FAX or TWEET
Beginning Monday, August 26th, Minnesotans Against Common Core begins it’s program of “blitzing” our legislators, governor and DOE, one or two leaders per week. You choose your favorite mode(s) of communication. Professional communication to promote our cause.
1. Inform and educate our state leaders, who may know little about Common Core
2. Communicate our opposition and why
3. Ask for a complete repeal/full stop in implementing Common Core
4. Ask for their position, pro or against, on Common Core
More information will be posted tomorrow morning! We have a call form and/or e-mail form letter than you can use and amend. Our first calls will go to members of the MN Education Committee and Education Finance Committee.
Happy Saturday, on this beautiful Minnesota afternoon! Teachers are back in the classrooms this coming week, if not already, and our students are going back day after Labor Day. And now, my friends, the fight truly begins!!!
***First, have you had a chance to sign our petition? Look to the right and you’ll find the big, red scroll. Second, keep informing friends. Third, continue to invite friends to connect with others here and over at facebook. Let us know if they need help in any way with CCSS.
Our MACC team is working to stop the implementation of Common Core and we need YOUR help! Here are the first three ways.
1. Contact legislators, governor and MN DOE through a series of BLITZ! calls, e-mails, and tweets. One legislator a week. Professionally inform and educate. My understanding is that they don’t have a deep knowledge of Common Core. Hundreds of people contacting the same person will make a huge impact. The information will be provided and we begin THIS WEEK!
2. State-wide Conference Calls with national experts, in-state legislators and other notable personalities. Once a month teleconference. Invite your friends.
3. Media: We have two Twin Cities’ radio talk shows coming up next weekend discussing Common Core. More information TBA. Can you or do you know someone that can help us with media – written, radio, tv, internet??
4. If you are someone who prays, please pray over our state and national leaders. Please pray for all of the MACC core-team members and all our members that God would bless our efforts.
5. If you are interested in helping out in any fashion, please contact us via the gmail account.
A must read article by Donna Garner! If the present generation is not at all literate about the Bible, Classic literature itself will be very difficult to understand. Fact is, the Classics allude to quite a bit of Biblical information that will be totally lost on this generation. As all Classic literature is decimated by the Common Core State Standards, education no longer serves “life long learners”, in the best sense of the term, but instead serves the corporate workforce collective.
Dr. Everett Piper, President of the Oklahoma Wesleyan University, Bartlesville, Oklahoma, is quite the engaging speaker. At a recent Common Core event in Edmond, Oklahoma, Piper lamented that the Common Core State Standards were “common” and that a true liberal arts education has no place for “common”. Academic freedom (and religious freedom) go hand in hand in a society where liberty is cherished. Piper states, “Ideas have consequences” and that “Ideas matter.”
Dr. Piper is the author of “Why I’m a Liberal and Other Conservative Ideas”.